Pages

Welcome Message

Welcome to my sewing (and other stuff) blog!

Friday, April 12, 2013

Cape


 This is a cape that I made a few months ago. It is a rayon/poly knit. I used Vogue Pattern  8776.






Vogue 8776
 http://voguepatterns.mccall.com/v8776-products-15156.php?page_id=265

 The blue/grey knit fabric drapes beautifully and looks good with my grey hair! I wore this to a surprise anniversary party over a black turtleneck sweater, narrow black pants and knee high black boots. I felt quite chic!
 I looked for buttons in my giant button stash, and also at the fabric store but couldn't find any buttons that seemed right, so I got out my button covering tool, and made my own buttons. Now that I am writing this I think that I will do a blog post about that tool. It is fantastic!!!!







2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous cape and I bet it makes you feel gorgeous when you're wearing it as well! The self covered buttons really are the perfect choice for this cape as the style and the fabric deserve to be the showcase. I'd love to see a pic of you wearing it as I can only imagine how beautiful it would look on you... and oh so chic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I've been searching high and low for the Vogue 8776 cape pattern, but it's discontinued. Are you at all interested in passing the pattern on? Or, would you be willing to let me copy it, or copy it for me? I'll be happy to pay. Please reach me @swivelswivelstep@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete