Pages

Welcome Message

Welcome to my sewing (and other stuff) blog!

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Jacket


 An organization that does work that is very important to me is having a fund raiser on Saturday evening. They put out a call to artists in the community to donate items for the silent auction.
 I had very little time to make something to donate so I used the new Kathrine Tilton  pattern (#5891) to make a jacket.  http://butterick.mccall.com/b5891-products-44968.php?page_id=369

 The front right panel is cut from a wonderful piece of vintage fabric that looks great with the green canvas. I made bound buttonholes to fit the fantastic vintage buttons that match the pink in the vintage fabric.


I used aqua china silk to bind all of the inside jacket seams. The silk is the same color as the aqua in the vintage print fabric on the front of the jacket.
This was a fun jacket to sew!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Patty what a gorgeous jacket and what a big heart you have making and donating this. I'm sure your organisation will get quite a few bids on this and who ever wins it will absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for that Chris! It was a really fun project, and we are looking forward to the fundraiser tonight because there are a number of great local restaurants that are providing food. Yum!

    ReplyDelete