Pages

Welcome Message

Welcome to my sewing (and other stuff) blog!

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Sewing on a Winter Day

Here in Duluth the temperature was below zero all day. I had sewing students this afternoon. There is a fireplace in my studio that kept us toasty. I coached one student who is making a beautiful teal fleece jacket with great looking embroidered ribbon trim.
 Another student is using her class time to add a lining to a fantastic vintage dress. We cut a chiffon lining to help  support and stabalize the very fragile silk crepe fabric.  It is always facinating to peek inside vintage clothing and to see how they were constructed. This woman has an extensive collection of exquisit vintage finery, so learning how to put in a lining will be a skill she will use frequently.
 At about 3:00 I made  coffee, and we enjoyed some delicious cookies, including shortbread which has always been a favorite! One of my students is a professional baker, and excellent all around cook, and cookbook author. She frequently brings cookies, or her famous scones. YUM!!!!

Prairie Kitchen Scones
     http://www.prairiekitchen.biz/ 

I can't think of a better way to spend a winter day than sewing, and sharing goodies with wonderful women!

No comments:

Post a Comment